Tuesday, February 2, 2010

talk to the animals


Our next door neighbors were going to be away for a couple days and asked if we would feed their two chickens for them while they were gone! I didn't even know they had chickens. Well, with all my farm background (ha ha) I obliged, of course. There really wasn't much responsibility, fill up their feeding dish with grain, top up the water bucket, etc. In return, we got to keep the eggs they produced. What a deal. Farm fresh eggs right from next door! I don't know what the zoning laws say here about livestock, but I am pretty sure there are no chickens in Minnetonka. These folks also keep bees and provided us with a fresh jar of honey the other day. Pretty friendly neighbors! There is a sustainability movement here and people seem to be more aware of their impact on the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment